I believe I can fly

I believe I can fly

Montag, 12. Dezember 2011

Blue Planet

Anstelle von Vampire spielen wir jetzt dann in der Downtime Blue Planet. Hier mal meine Charageschichte, ich hoffe, sie taugt was.

Hey! What are you looking at?! Yeah, you! What do you want from me?!
What?! You want to hear my story? Well, okay, but what's in there for me? Are you serious? Giving me money to tell my story! Sure!
My name is Dallas , I grew up here in Texas and had quite a nice childhood. My parents told me that it is important to be ambitious and that if I am good at what I do I could flee from this world and make a new start on Poseidon. And that was how I ended up in university. I am fascinated by big game and not only on land, but also cetaceans. The bigger, the better. It was a great day, when I met some guy who told me that there is money in that hunting and catching animals. So I spend the time, I had off from university, to train my hunting skills. I earned some money with that and I think it is way better to live all the stuff I learned in university and see the animals and there classifications on the living object. My big hope is that I will earn enough to finally get away from this dying planet and start a new life. There is nothing here, that makes me believe that Earth will live up to his old glory. I am convinced that as soon as I have arrived at Poseidon I will find a way to bring my parents over as well. Not that they have a bad life here, but I think they believe even less in mankind on Earth than I do. We have to reach for the stars to achieve something!
I really hate how all those eco-lunatics bug us hard working people about the future and our part in it. Well, if they would pay as much as the people who ask for the treasures (seldom animals for their collections) I sell, I would happily support them. But of course, they don't.
Anyway, hardly more trustworthy are all the people I meet selling my stuff. Not only the small fish, but also the really big ones. Normally I have a contact person, Ralph, he knows lots of rich people who are willing to pay a lot for what I do. Not that I distrust Ralph as a person, but it is just not right that he knows so many of those people (politicians, researchers, businessmen), he has to be dodgy and ruthless when he deals with them. I think he pays me too little, but hey, it's a steady income and I love what I do. It's the perfect practical acting-out of what I learned at university. And it really helps to estimate the price for what I catch.
Don't look so shocked. There are things I won't do. If anyone earned by trust I am loyal. And I would never risk to not end a job successfully because of my personal feelings. There was this horrible trip, when I had to bear sharing a boat with a group of those neo-hippies for more than a week. It paid well, but I am not sure if it was worth all the headaches. And of course I would never ever lay my hands on a kid. I don't think that I have to explain that. Maybe there are more lines I would not cross, but hey, even if you pay me I won't make this into a session about my inner values and morals. Shit, now you made me all emotional... that's enough. If you want any more stories come back another time.


Soo, as an arc there might be a way to teach my ruthless fellow to respect nature. Moreover, my char does almost everything for money, maybe there's potential. I thought of the character that there is lots of points to make her a better person. Maybe in this short paragraph it sounds like she has no interest in nature at all, but she started to study at the university to learn about all the fascinating varieties of the sea and to maybe be important enough to be sent to Poseidon, but she never got that chance and is no shattered in that respect. There is a huge love for the sea in her, but it is well hidden. Hope that helps you to get an idea.

2 Kommentare:

Unknown hat gesagt…

Hmmm... Ok, ich seh schon wir haben uns IG zu wenig unterhalten ;) Ich hatte irgendwie so überhaupt keine Ahnung was deine Dame überhaupt da so macht...

Kampfschaf hat gesagt…

Das ist auch wirklich gar nicht so schlecht. Unsere Gruppe war ja zu dem Zeitpunkt noch gar keine, von daher ist natürlich immer schwierig, wenn man so einen doch eher dubiosen Chara spielt, wieviel man preisgibt von Anfang an.
Der Text war auch so eher nur für Tad gedacht. Ich glaube für andere Spieler ist er schon zuviel gesagt.
Wir können dich ja auf dem Laufenden halten, wies bei uns so weitergeht ^^